BENEFITS OF ANHS MEMBERSHIP
- Community. Join a network of interested and engaged scholars, teachers, activists, artists and institutions
- HIMALAYA journal. Read and contribute to an open access, twice annual cutting edge peer-reviewed social sciences and humanities journal featuring original research and creative works, conference and book reviews, news and information.
- ANHS-Kathmandu Services and Assistance. Receive assistance with identifying research assistants, navigating research approval and visa strategies, locating housing, participating in speakers series, accessing language training (forthcoming)
- Conferences. Participate in US–based Himalaya Studies Conferences; co-sponsor or contribute to and access resources for annual summer Kathmandu-based Conference; receive support for facilitating panels at Annual Conference on South Asia, Madison, AAA, AAAS, and other conferences.
- Fellowships and Awards. Apply for Senior Research Fellowships, the Dor Bahadur Bista prize for best graduate student paper, travel grants, and book awards (planned)
- ANHS Website. Keep appraised of members news, announcements, and regularly updated resources updated weekly.